Winnegar Consulting provides consultation on proposal and program development, compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, reasonable accommodations, employment, independent living, rehabilitation research, assistive technology, vocational rehabilitation and Native American Outreach.
Mr. Winnegar serves as an Advisory Board member of the New Mexico Technology Assistance Program. He also provides technical assistance for the Southwest ADA Center, Independent Living Research, and Utilization (ILRU) of the TIRR at Memorial Hermann, the Consortia of Administrators for Native American Rehabilitation (CANAR) and the San Juan Center for Independence.
Mr. Winnegar is a graduate of the University of North Texas and the University of Wisconsin-Stout holding a Master’s Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation.
Mr. Winnegar’s career in the field of rehabilitation includes working in Independent Living, community rehabilitation, public schools and as the Deputy Director for the New Mexico Division of Vocational Rehabilitation for twenty years. In that capacity, he served as Principal Investigator for many innovative federal grant programs.
- Disability Law Low Down — Independent Contractors
- Disability Law Low Down — American Indians with Disabilities
- 2012 Assistive Technology Conference Americans with Disabilities Act-Reasonable Accommodations
- Small Business Reasonable Accommodation Plan 2010 Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) George Washington University National Employment Conference
- 2007 Don Ross Invited Lecturer – Early Deployment of Reasonable Accommodations for State Government Workers. RESNA (Rehabilitation Engineer and Assistive Technology Society of North America) Conference